Carne Asada Chicken Fajitas
Author: Russian River Fine Foods
- 1 cup Julianne onion
- 1 Red Bell pepper Julianne
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Julianne
- 2 TBSP crushed garlic
- 2 oz canola oil
- 2# chicken thigh meat slices into 1-inch strips
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 16 oz. (Russian River Fine Foods) Carne Asada sauce, separated into 2- 8 oz. portions.
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil. When the oil is hot add the onion, garlic and bell peppers. Turn the heat down, and slowly caramelize the onion and peppers. When they are caramelized, remove them from the pan and add the chicken to the same pan, then add the Carne Asada sauce and sauté the chicken. When the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is reduced by about half add the onion mixture back into the pan and coat everything with the sauce still in the pan. Now your ready to serve the fajitas with the tortillas.